When to trim the candle wick to 1/4 of an inch?
-BEFORE EACH AND EVERY BURN !!
- If the flame seems to large
- If the flame is flickering a lot
- If you see wisps of soot
How long to burn my candle?
The first burn is the most important. It will help to create wax memory. Burn your candle until you see a full melt pool across the surface. This could take up to 4 hours. If you see wax residue left around the glass, don't worry, this will catch up with each subsequent burn.
Do not burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
Other important safety tips...
- Do NOT leave burning candles unattended.
- Place your candle on a heat resistant surface.
- Keep burning candles out of reach of children and pets.
- Read the warning label on the bottom of your candle before lighting.
- Keep burning candles away from loose, flammable objects such as curtains and clothes.
- Keep out of drafts (this will create a flickering flame and soot).
- Keep wax free of matches and wick trimmings.
- TRIM THE WICK before each burn.